Our client is seeking a Butler, to work in a small domestic team, at their luxurious and well-appointed home in the heart of London. The role will require occasional travel to work in The South of France (Nr Nice) so a little spoken French you be useful.
£30,000- £35,000 DOE
TYPE OF HOUSEHOLD
Family, Professional / Philanthropist, Celebrity, Formal Household, Informal Household, City Based, Travelling
English, French would be a bonus
Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting to the House Manager.
- Responsible for all aspects of service and maintaining standards throughout the house.
- Being present for all Principals' and Guests' front of house arrival and departure.
- Maintaining constant open communications with other departments such as Security and Housekeeping relating to the movements and wishes of Principals and Guests.
- Portering all purchases or gifts to The Private Office or The Principals.
- Receiving Guests and offering hospitality.
- Running personal household tasks for The Principals.
- Supervision of service vendors when onsite.
- Liaising with personal contractors such as beauticians, masseurs etc. and supervising their smooth arrival and departure.
- Serving food and beverage to The Principals and Guests.
- Recording and updating of The Principals' food and beverage and service preferences.
- Arranging tables and tray service for food and beverage service.
- Organising and supervising food and beverage and smooth operation of events such as dinner parties, afternoon teas, meetings, interviews etc.
- Monitor ongoing food and beverage supplies and managing all food and beverage stock, including expiry dates management and good stock rotation.
- Liaising with the Chef daily in regards to meal planning and service.
- Light food or snack preparation.
- Silver service abilities when required.
- Maintenance and regular upkeep of household silver.
- Occasional flower arranging and floral maintenance (very simple).
- Ad hoc facilities maintenance such as changing lightbulbs.
- Maintaining and checking technical operations of the household, reporting defects to the House Manager.
- Assisting with housekeeping duties such as early morning refreshment of The Master's dressing room and office, and refreshing the family's kitchen area.
- General valeting services. Including shoe care and cleaning.
- Keeping wine cellar inventories and having knowledge regarding fine wines.
- Travelling with the family as required offering of Butler services in secondary dwellings (South of France during Spring and Summer).
- Assisting lady's maid in the preparation of personal affects, beauty products, valuables and clothes for packing.
- Unpacking suitcases and have everything ready for use shortly after arriving at destination.
- Managing various supplies in secondary dwellings.
- Some supervision of newer staff members and some management of housekeeping team operations.
- Spot checking of housekeeping standards and reporting back to the housekeeping team.
- Care and supervision of dogs' and their schedules.
- Daily feeding of aquarium and fish tanks.
- Ensure valuable items are secure at all times.
- Candidates should be flexible, as you will be needed sometimes to be available to start early/ work late.
- Follow security procedures put in place by the security team to ensure the property is secure at all times.
- Helps with general household duties as directed
- Carries out any other task the Principals, House Manager, PA or Security Manager may reasonably ask.
- To be a team player with all other departments, ensuring efficiency, harmony, and high morale throughout the household
- Respect the family’s privacy at all times.