We are looking for a chef, for a family home in North London, Highgate.
The Chef is expected to manage the proper day-to-day running of the kitchen and to provide all meals, snacks and canapés to the Principals.
The Chef will be expected to deliver the highest level of service, cleanliness and performance while working in partnership with the estate team. This is a busy estate where the ability to think on your feet is required, along with the ability to follow instructions.
TYPE OF HOUSEHOLD
Family, Professional / Philanthropist, City Based
Roles and Responsibilities
- Service: providing discretion and exceptional service without being intrusive.
- Operations: everything that relates to the proper running of the kitchen.
- Shopping: To source the finest organic ingredients.
- Stock Management: including ordering and receiving of stock.
- Storage: Ensure all stock is kept under optimum conditions.
- Hygiene: maintaining standards in the kitchen to the required level.
In addition the chef must:
- Exhibit exceptional attention to detail & excellent time management skills.
- Always ensure the kitchen area is left secure at the end of each shift.
- Enjoy developing new dishes while embracing the The Principal's requirements (re' Health/Religious/Dietary regimes etc)
- Always ensure dishes are prepared using the correct recipes
- and maintain up-to-date recipe cards along with the standards manual whenever changes are made.
- Minimise wastage by preparing the correct quantities of dishes.
- Deal with changes calmly and tactfully without ever entering into a discussion or argument.
- To communicate effectively, with everyone.
- To attend meetings when requested.
- Be flexible with working hours and adaptable to change which might include requirements to work weekends and bank holidays at short notice. Time will be given in lieu when overtime is worked.
- To carry out any other duties that may be reasonably requested by the Senior Managers or Principals.
Health & Safety
- To ensure that all work undertaken is done so in a safe manner and in accordance with relevant approved codes of practice and to include the training of the house teams and ensure they are aware of their responsibilities and documents and SOPs are kept updated.
- To wear appropriate protective clothing provided and/or recommended by the company.
- To be aware of and comply with safe working practices as laid down under the Health and Safety Acts as applicable to your place of work. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards at your work place.
- To ensure that any accidents to staff, guests or visitors are reported in accordance with correct procedures.
- To be fully conversant with the risk assessments for your department.
- To comply with all Health & Safety regulation including fire safety procedures to ensure the safety of yourself, staff, contractors and The Principals.
- To attend all training courses as and when required.
- Willing to learn new skills and enhance current knowledge.
- Ensure that training / knowledge is provided to relief chefs.
- The chef is expected to have worked at the highest level of service either within the hotel industry or in a private house for a UHNWI for at least 5 years.
- Must show great Kitchen Skills.
- Must have exceptional attention to detail.
- Must exhibit excellent time management.
- Must show the proven ability to deal with ambiguity and effortlessly work under pressure.
- Must speak excellent English.
- health & Safety qualifications, NEBOSH, HACCP equivalent.
- IT literate to include Excel and Word.