A busy London couple, who work from home in Knightsbridge and who already employ a cleaner, are now looking to hire a full-time Cook/Housekeeper.
The Principals have homes in Miami, Colorado and Italy, so there will be the opportunity to travel in this role, when accompanying them. This is a wonderful position for a candidate looking to work in a family environment, for clients who appreciate good food. The property in Italy is a working farm, where a wide range of freshly grown ingredients is available for the Cook's use. Italian would, therefore, be a great advantage to a Cook/Housekeeper in this role.
Cook / Housekeeper for a household in Knightsbridge
TYPE OF HOUSEHOLD
Family, Titled Family, City Based, Rural Location
Roles and Responsibilities
The Principals enjoy good food and like to eat tasty, healthy, homemade dishes. All meals, snacks and beverages will, therefore, be healthy and nutritious, prepared with premium, organic (where possible) super fresh ingredients. Meals will be inspired by European styles, including: Modern British, French, Italian & Mediterranean. Candidates will be very competent in the kitchen and have a passion for using the finest local, freshly sourced ingredients! Candidates must have a clean drivers license and ideally speak Italian. Candidates with a track record of longer term service will be positively regarded.
- Preparing and cooking all meals and snacks as required
- Shopping for all necessary food and beverages.
- Dealing with suppliers.
- Maintaining an extremely high level of cleanliness and hygiene in the kitchen.
- Maintaining all kitchen equipment.
- Serving food and beverages to the Employer and his guests as required.
- Planning menus.
- Keeping receipts for all expenses incurred, compiling accurate spreadsheets which are presented for auditing.
- Keeping proper stock levels of food and drink.
- Running general errands.
- Travelling with the Employer overseas if and when required.
In addition to the cooking, the Cook/Housekeeper will be required to help with general household duties, that might include co-ordinating activities to help the smooth running of the home. These include over-seeing:
- Contractors, deliveries, maintenance and opening-up and closing-down the house, welcoming and taking care of guests, answering the telephone etc,
- Preparing for the arrival of visitors,
- Arranging and maintaining floral arrangements,
- Keeping all plants watered and well maintained,
- Take care of: glassware, china, silverware and dining-room linens,
- Serving food and beverages,
- General laundry and ironing,
- Traveling with the family overseas as needed. When not travelling with the family, taking care of the property in their absence,
- Help with any other duties as required,
- Driving: running errands,
- Maintenance of the car,
- Oversight of service contracts (heating/air-conditioning, plumbing, security systems, other maintenance),
- Arranging or undertaking opening/closing of properties,
- Staff oversight,
- Occasional driving of clients to appointments, pick up and drop off at airport.
NOTE This list is provided to show the type of duties required but is not definitive / exhaustive.
Candidates must present:
- A good level of spoken Italian & English
- Excellent references which can be checked
- A clean driving licence
- Show a passion for cooking, and for sourcing and using wonderful ingredients!
- Candidates must already live in London and have a valid passport and the legal right to work in Europe