Our clients is currently looking for an exceptional Head Housekeeper to fill a vacancy at their stunning home in Belgravia, situated equal distance between Sloane Square and Victoria station.
Requirements for the role would be as follows:
- Previous experience working in UHNW private households, 5* hotels or on yachts;
- Very high level of discretion;
- An overall quiet, subtle and highly professional manner;
- Experience and confidence in personal service (service of teas/coffees/snacks) and confident to help with serving during lunches, dinners and drinks parties under instruction of the House Manager;
- Experience in looking after, and preparing personal effects for The Principal as well as keeping up to date inventories;
- Able to take care of the master suite and maintain stock of preferred personal items and toiletries in conjunction with the house-manager and team members;
- Ability to lead a team of two housekeepers and check the quality of their work is at the desired and defined high standard;
- The Head Housekeeper would be the duty Manager when the House Manager is on his days off (2x days per week);
- The Head Housekeeper must be able to fit in and work efficiently as part of an established, professional and friendly team;
- Must be able to keep hygiene and cleanliness levels of the home extremely high;
- Knowledge of the correct care and proper cleaning practises for hard and soft furnishing, including precious and fragile materials and fabrics;
- Strong wardrobe management skills and and knowledge of formal/informal dress for gentlemen;
- Confident in packing luggage for travel for The Principal. Both for business and leisure trips;
- Candidates must show they are comfortable with modern technology and able to learn technical systems (automated lights, TV and media system) quickly;
- Candidates must be very smartly presented and be able to communicate easily with very good spoken English;
- Uniform are required and will be provided.
The role would cover approximately 48-50 hours per week. This would be on a rota basis set by the housemanager, to fit with the requirements of the household.
Weekend work would be required, generally every second week (one weekend off/one mid week off in rotation).
The client is keen to find someone with a quiet confidence, a calming, nurturing influence, intelligence and a strong eye-for-detail, to help them take the level of service up a few levels.
TYPE OF HOUSEHOLD
Professional / Philanthropist, Formal Household