Due to Covid and Worldwide Travel Restrictions this role is on hold until further notice.
HOUSE MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION / DUTIES
A Hands-on, operationally focussed housemanager is required to run a small palace and the principal home of a young family located in The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The family are westernised, urban and have a good sense of humour but are very particular in the way they like things done. Having placed staff with the household previously, we know they look after their staff and are generous to those who offer a long-term commitment. Package includes annual return airfare to country of origin, health insurance and accommodation.
It is felt that candidates should have experience of working with and managing Middle Eastern & Asian staff.
With responsibility for all the hospitality and landscaping staff in the residence. To provide oversight all household activities assuring timely and high quality completion of all tasks. With complete transparency and honesty on all matters, the housemanager will report directly to the employers at all times.
Manage the work of all household employers, contractors, service people, and all other household and non-household employees assuring the best quality work and adherence to all household standards and expectations.
60,000 US$ Annually + Expat Benefits
TYPE OF HOUSEHOLD
Titled Family, Professional / Philanthropist
Roles and Responsibilities
- To provide leadership and good example of the utmost in professional service standards.
- To train household staff, setting by example, and through tailored tutoring
- Remaining ever aware and watchful, keeping a watchful eye on the security measures in place, recognizing vulnerabilities and bringing to the attention of employer anyone or anything that is in breach of security, work ethics, household expectations, online media forums.
- Accept and accomplish special assignments / event planning etc
- Suggest action plans (when requested) to accomplish tasks outside the daily requirements of employer.
- Co-ordinate all daily activities from drivers, cars, errands, groceries, daily schedule for all staff members to work efficiently, effectively and accomplish all house expectations daily. You will be the main point of contact for all movements in the residence to ensure everything runs silently and seamlessly without the involvement of the employer.
- Orchestration of any home entertaining, special events as directed by the employer
- Know and understand when you are out of your depth, and arrange for consultation and advice when needed. Communicate effectively at all times and address issues by being assertive prior to issues escalating.
- Develop digital shopping lists for all household requirements, including: Cleaning; Maintenance; Household; Grounds; Repair; Furnishings; Decoration; Linens; Glass & Crystal; Silverware; Serving ware; Kitchen; Cookware; Appliances; Food; Entertainment; Replacements of damaged items; Develop proposed budgets for running the household
- Perform shopping and errands in accordance with employer’s guidelines.
- Oversee all travel packing requirements to ensure all luggage is packed according to employers requirements / standards / labelled correctly.
- Pack and unpack travellers’ luggage
- Keep running records and receipts of all household expenses and compare to approved budget. Digital copies of all receipts / invoices for accounts requirements or asked by the employer
- Maintain household checking and petty cash accounts
- Make household expenditures and obligate the household financially within parameters as agreed with the employer
- Household Laundry: see that it is accomplished without damages; recommend and obtain appropriate equipment; ensure equipment is maintained correctly and services organized when required.
- Employer’s Personal laundry & Dry Cleaning & Wardrobe: Inventory wardrobe; Account for wear & tear, loss, etc. Maintain continuous inventory record; Maintain insurable value where appropriate; Consignment and disposition records; Dry cleaning; Tailoring
- House cleaning: develop and perfect cleaning specifications including: Zoning facilitating duty assignments; Schedules; Daily; Weekly; Monthly; Seasonally; Holiday and special events
- Standards – establish, set and maintain
- Perform all household cleaning requirements or supervise its accomplishment
- Maintain cleaning log including normal performance time values
- Note and bring to Employer any exceptional conditions / damages
- Assure that all routine household supplies are always on hand. Nothing that is foreseeable is overlooked.
- Maintain emergency cache of less often used supplies in safe place
- Develop and maintain secure storage room and inventory of contents.
- Assure nothing is removed without administrator’s knowledge.
- Arrange for and supervise all contract employees, temporary and adjunct household staff, and caterers
Self Contained Accommodation is provided