A Stellar Housekeeper/Laundress is required
Our client is offering a full-time position for an experienced Housekeeper/Laundress to work in a formal, fully-staffed household.
The ideal candidate will:
- be experienced and have worked in a similar role and setting,
- present excellent verbal and written English while spoken french will be an advantage,
- have an astute eye for detail and the skill-sets necessary to care for a fragile items that are found in beautiful homes and wardrobes,
- be able to take direction, but will also have the ability to take initiative, and will be happy to work alone,
- always take pride in their work!
We are looking for someone who has outsanding organisational and time management skills as well as the ability to multitask when necessary.
Candidates must exude professionalism, and understand the necessity for discretion.
Nottinghill | London
Housekeeper / Laundress
TYPE OF HOUSEHOLD
Professional / Philanthropist, Formal Household, City Based
English while French would be an advantage
Roles and Responsibilities
- With an eye for detail, candidates will manage day-to-day housekeeping duties in addition to seasonal deep cleaning routines
- Laundry duties, including: caring for delicate fine clothes, fabrics and linens, and will be required to be expert in hand-washing, ironing & steaming
- Managing the sending and picking-up of dry-cleaning
- Small alterations along with mending garments
- Maintaining inventories of: wardrobes, table, bed and bath linens
- Packing and unpacking for family members and assisting houseguests as necessary
- Inventorying and itemising clothing and accessories that are packed for trips
- Organising wardrobe according to season
- Managing flower arrangements and styling the home to ensure “everything is in its place”.
- Maintaining a constant high standard of closet organisation and keep fully stocked with items such as hangers, drawer organisers, shoe trees, etc.
- Responsible for toiletries including purchasing, maintaining backup inventory as well as always having a travel bag stocked for each member of the family
- Taking instruction from the House Manager and showing team player the other housekeepers
- Must have significant experience with large fully-staffed homes & homes with babies and young children
Some or all of the following skills and traits would be advantageous:
- Highly organized
- Flexible to travel with the family occasionally
- Show proven longevity in previous roles
- Present excellent, checkable references