We are looking for a Laundry Supervisor to work at a large private home in North London.
The Laundry Supervisor will manage the laundry team on a daily basis, ensuring the proper day-to-day running of the laundry department while working hand-in-hand with the other departments of the estate, so that everyone is able to deliver the highest standards of service to The Principals.
Please Note. Candidates who apply for this role must already be living and working in London.
Highgate North London
TYPE OF HOUSEHOLD
Professional / Philanthropist, Formal Household, City Based
Roles and Responsibilities
- Managing the day-today running of laundries and pressing and valet rooms, including the laundry team, to ensure the delivery of the highest standard of service to The Principals their guests and the household at large,
- Able to work in every area of the laundry, showing expertise in: sorting, washing, hand-washing, spot-cleaning, roller-pressing, pressing and steaming, along with dry-cleaning awareness,
- To be able to work with the latest laundry equipment and present current knowledge of the necessary preventative maintenance, knowing when to recommend and arrange servicing & repair as necessary,
- To maintain the property's bed, bath and table-linens, guest-laundry and staff uniforms to the highest standards, and to monitor the condition of linens, repairing and/or replacing as necessary,
- To ensure the correct linen is issued to: The Principals and their guests, functions areas and/or staff,
- Maintaining perfect hygiene standards and cleanliness of the laundry areas, its equipment and stock-rooms,
- To manage and co-ordinate inventories, including: linens and consumables and to ensure effective stock control and rotation,
- Maintain accurate records of chemical consumption and other operating supplies as required,
- Compile consumables requests and liaise with Housekeeping Supervisors for delivery,
- To review laundry standards and use of future materials mindful of environmental concerns,
- To maintain and update the standards and laundry regime manual, ensuring staff are taught to follow dictated Processes and SOPs, which detail what products should be used on which materials, while always emphasising every possible associated risk and H&S concern,
- Proven expertise in the care and conservation of fine fabrics and soft finishes.
Addition duties may include:
- Front of House duties may include cloakroom, meeting, greeting and directing guests at events,
- Maiding duties to include packing, unpacking and wardrobe management.
- Offer previous laundry experience gathered in a private household or 5* hotel of at least 5 years.
- A second European language would be a benefit,
- Exhibit proven team-leadership and team-building skills,
- An exceptional eye for detail,
- Seamstress and sewing skills.
The Laundry Supervisor must also:
- Be flexible with working hours and adaptable to change which might include working weekends and bank holidays at short notice (Time will be given in lieu when overtime is worked)
- Show the highest standards of personal grooming,
- Present a critical eye for detail,
- Have the ability to work efficiently independently and as part of a team.
- Be happy to carry out any other duties that may be reasonably requested by the Housekeeping management team or member of the senior management team.
Health & Safety Specific
- ensure that all work undertaken is done in a safe manner and in accordance with relevant approved codes of practice and to include the training of the laundry team and ensure they are aware of their responsibilities and documents kept updated.
- To wear appropriate protective clothing provided by or recommended,
- To be aware of and comply with safe working practices as laid down under the Health and Safety Acts as applicable, with attention made to all specific hazards at your work place,
- To ensure that any accidents to staff, guests or visitors are reported in accordance with the correct procedures,
- To be fully conversant with the risks associated with your department,
- To comply with all Health & Safety regulation including fire safety procedures to ensure the safety of yourself, staff, contractors, the Principals, the family and guests.
Sorry, this job is no longer available.