Role and Responsibilities
- The live-in housekeeper is expected to undertake a wide range of housekeeping and general household tasks and will be expected to work alongside the client’s driver.
- The live-in housekeeper must be able to deliver the highest levels of service to: The Principals, Their Family and Their Guests.
- The live-in Housekeeper will be working in a busy household, where the ability to “think on your feet”is expected and required.
- Starting at 07:00 to help with breakfast, with a good rest period taken in the afternoon, and housekeeper will be required to return to duty in the evening, finishing at about 20:00.
- The live in housekeeper will be required to work Saturday morning until midday with the rest of the weekend off
We are looking for candidates who love to deliver high standards of service in everything they do.
£500 - £525 net per week
TYPE OF HOUSEHOLD
Family, Professional / Philanthropist
Roles and Responsibilities
- Be mindful of working around valuable objects, showing due-care and conservation awareness.
- In addition to the more typical cleaning tasks, candidates must show they enjoy cleaning and preparing salons, bedroom suites and bathrooms, changing beds and replenishing linens as required.
- Show they are able to maintain and present rooms to the highest visual standard(s).
- Have experience of using specialist cleaning products with proper care and attention, while being willing and open to learning new techniques that are specific to this household.
- Understand how to operate housekeeping cleaning equipment and the latest house systems.
- Be flexible with their working hours and adaptable to change.
- Be flexible to work weekends and Bank Holidays, sometimes at short notice.
- Be able to assist with stock-checking and oversee stock rotation
- Be able to accept and then ensure proper delivery of goods/deliveries
- Be flexible and helpful, assisting the driver and members of the family as required
- Be happy to undertake any other tasks which will support the goals of household.
- Be happy to travel for short periods with the family who holiday in the Mediterranean during the summer
- Understand the importance of Exceptional Hygiene standards.
- Show experience in laundry duties, including washing, sorting, pressing, spot-cleaning and dry-cleaning awareness.
- No cooking duties are required, but candidates will be required to help the family members with putting away groceries, keeping cupboards tidy, light food preparation and the cleaning of the kitchen
- No child care duties are required as the client’s children are both in their 20’s
- There are no pets to care for!
Bedroom with Ensuite Bathroom
- Enjoy working in a private house!
- Have already worked at least 5 years in a similar position and luxury property or deluxe 5* hotels etc.
- Show longevity in previous roles
- Present excellent checkable references
- Be physically fit and be able to carry items as required.
- Have a super eye-for-detail and naturally focus on points of detail.
- Present excellent timekeeping.
- Exhibit honesty and integrity along with an exemplary level of discretion.
- Be interested in their own personal and professional development.
- Be positive, friendly and show a ‘can do’, ‘want-to-do’ attitude to all tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
It would be an advantage for candidates to show they have some or all of the following skill-sets:
- Ability to undertake personal maid duties; to include caring for clothes, wardrobe management and presentation, or packing/unpacking luggage;
- Be comfortable undertaking duties such as; meeting, greeting guests and/or delivering beverages to salons or bedrooms.